homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Monday, December 5, 2011

Calling ALL Santa's Helpers!

My husband's side of the family is HUGE...he has 6 aunts and uncles plus countless cousins, not to mention my family and my friends....Christmas time adds up quick. There's a few things I have learned from dear Dave Ramsey and one that sticks close in my mind is make a budget and stick to it. EVEN AT CHRISTMAS! This is hard. Last Christmas- it was tough---although I did take my last $40 out of my grocery budget to buy my husband this watch that he had been wanting for months! 
So with budget in mind and knowing the size of my family the past few years I have usually baked some type of cute candy or cookies and wrapped them in bakers boxes or bags and included cute little personalized tags. I'm just curious if there is anything else out there that I could try that's different. 
Here's what I've done in the past- 
2003-2005 Variety of Baked Cookies
2005-2006 Chex Mix with Recipe Card
2007- 2008 Cookies and White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
2009-2010 White and Milk Chocolate Peppermint Bark & Chocolate Covered Pretzels
So, I'm currently searching on pinterest...but if ya'll have any cute or unique ideas--please post and I'll be sure to take pictures as I'm baking/making and give you credit! :) 
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I saw a really cute , simple inexpensive idea on Pinterest. Go to pinterest and search "post it present". Nice for a desk or by the telephone.
    Tonia in Redlands,CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post-it present! I'm going to try making the peppermint bath salts. Lots of pictures on pinterest. Great gift for the gals. I've also seen fun things for 'hot cocoa' with candy canes, chocolate etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but for the teachers on my team I made ornaments. I bought some of those clear glass balls. They were 3.99 at AC Moore. I already had paint and painted different designs on them. Then I got some fancy ribbon and that icicle looking stuff to put on the inside from the dollar tree. I think I have like $1.00 in each ornament. I also saw a cute thing on pinterest where you cover these ornaments with seed beads. I have some so I'm dying to try this idea out. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought cute jars (cheap) dollar store containers or even ziploc tupperware and made a homemade body scrub to go in each jar/tub. It was a HUGE hit!!! If you google lemon oil sugar body scrub (home made) it was SUPER easy. I made myself a tub to keep in the shower and LOVED putting it on my legs and elbows every day till it ran out. I felt like a brilliantly smart well lubricated goddess. ha ha ha (I am a bit dramatic) I tied a big adorable bow to my jars/tubs and people thought they were so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever made "White Trash"? It is made from chex mix cereals (corn and rice), pretzels, M&Ms, and nuts (peanuts, cashews, or mixed). You add all these in a large bowl. Melt a bag of white chocolate chips in the microwave, pour it over the mixture and toss until coated. Put on wax paper til cool. I buy the inexpensive tins or cookie boxes to put it in. Everyone loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want an edible gift, try oreo balls/truffles. Dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with a milk or dark chocolate and it looks like you spent a lot of time on these pretty little balls. Best part - they taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delicious and easy homemade peanut butter cups - I have made and given these several times and they are always a huge hit! The recipe is here:
    http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/12/easy-peanut-butter-cups.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us. I would like to share information about the company. At the heart of their mission lies an unwavering commitment to client satisfaction, evident through their transparent communication, agile development methodologies, and meticulous focus on meeting project deadlines. The Top App Development Company in Pune goes beyond mere app development; they craft digital experiences that captivate, inspire, and yield tangible results.

    ReplyDelete