homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaching Trends Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, friends!
As I am getting back into school mode, I am having some back to school nightmares!  One of the scariest times for me as a teacher is DISMISSAL!  I fear putting a kinder on the wrong bus, or putting them on the bus when they needed to be in the car line.  I have a dismissal cheat sheet that hangs on the frame of my classroom door.  It has all my students and their normal transportation listed on it.  I clip any notes that come in through our communication notebooks to my cheat sheet, so everything I need is all in one place!  I like having it at the door so I can see it and not forget it as we are leaving the classroom!


During the first few weeks of school (and on days I have a sub) I like to put bus labels on my kinders!  One of my nightmares is that they will not get off the bus in the right spot, especially at the beginning of school.  We have also had problems with them falling asleep on the bus and missing their spot.  So I put a label that includes the address and a phone number for emergencies!  


Here is the label I use (it is formatted to fit 2"x4" Avery Shipping Labels) and a FREEBIE for you!  Just click on the picture to download! :)
What are your back to school nightmares?

On a happier note, we have a winner for our Ingles 360 giveaway...


Congrats, Cindy!  We will get in touch with you soon so you can claim your prize!  :)


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Hey! That's me!! WOOOO HOOOOO!!! I am one happy camper!!! :o) Thank you!!! Thanks for the GREAT giveaway and all your AWESOME shares!

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your labels.....my children do not ride a bus....they are picked up by an adult or sibling.....my biggest problem is my little one will leave with a sibling and then the adult comes looking for him/her. Generally I find him/her on the playground.....but I can not get the adults to understand the fear/panic I have when someone does not know where his/her child is.....my rule is to wait by me until you see your grown up....parents give different directions without a note. It drives me crazy.
    Sue
    http://theverybusykindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the labels. They are cute and very needed. Thanks for sharing!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the labels. Like you my biggest nightmare is those first few weeks of school and getting students on the right bus (kindergarten)
    . These will help a bunch to make sure students get on the correct bus each day.
    Thank You
    The Wonderful World of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the labels....but the image resolution is not set right and does not show up well. Thanks for the idea though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! These labels will really help me :P
    ❤Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally just LOL when I read this post. I was the kinder kid that fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop. My mom was going crazy calling the school....K teacher said I was on the bus....bus driver finally found me slumped over in my seat when we got back to school. After that I had to wear a name tag with my address every day.

    It is also my nightmare that kids will not get home correctly! My very first day of teaching Kindergarten there was a hurricane coming into town. i had to do an emergency dismissal at 10:30 in the morning. I had kids crying still, kids worried, kids that didn't know how they were getting home, parents calling worried. It was a mess but everyone got home fine because it was mandatory to pick up your kid. It was so scary though and I still worry about the first day of dismissal every year!

    ReplyDelete