homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Monday, June 20, 2011

Make a Year Monday {Management}

I hope I'm not the only one that has a problem with this, but at the beginning of the and up until around Christmas my kids are crazy tattle tellers! So after looking around Really Good Stuff I found the most amazing tool to use for my kids. Tattling Turtle Kit- I did not really like the idea of having a turtle in my ocean themed classroom so I used this idea and made into.....Squirt your Worries. I just use a basket and put squirt (from Nemo) inside with a set of note cards attached by a binder ring, along with a pencil and the kids can come a long and write all their problems down for Squirt. THEY LOVE DOING THIS! I am including my little sign for you just incase you want to make your own little version. 
Click the picture to download the freebie file. 
Seriously, this was the best thing for me and it has cut down on tattling COMPLETELY. I do not deal with it. At the end of the day I usually try to go over and look at the book just to see what the children are writing and to check out their handwriting. 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Anything to cut down on tattling! I am willing to try it! Thank you!
    Tammy
    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a frog themed room and I have a huge tattle frog in my K room. The kids just go over and tattle to the tattle frog. :)

    They loved it and it worked!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this...just a simple notebook (Tattle Tale Book) and it is just hilarious to read the comments made by my students. Cracks me up!!
    I may have to add the animal part this year!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Jennifer
    http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I will have a ocean themed room and this will work perfect.

    mrs.guntoriusclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love this idea! Thanks for sharing. In addition to having my kids write their tattle... I have them draw a picture of it. This is especially helpful at the beginning of the year when my kids are beginning to write.

    teachingmaketheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie GantomassoAugust 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM

    Hi! I love your "Squirt Your Worries" idea. I recently bought Squirt and I am going to try this idea in my classroom this year. Would you happen to have a copy of the sign you made for this? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete