homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Theme Thursday {Toddlers With Pacifiers}

Ok, I know this is not actually a real teaching theme, but today's them is toddlers who are VERY attached to their pacifiers.  Mine (who is now 3) has been extremely attached to his since the day he was born.  I'm not sure how many of you saw my post yesterday on my MM&T Blog about the Paci Fairy, but if you missed it, here you go...

For the last few months, we have been trying to detach from the paci, and Noah would only want it during naps and bedtime.  However, he was VERY attached and would not listen to prompting from us to get rid of it.  


So, we told him about the Paci Fairy.  She comes at night (somewhat like the Tooth Fairy), and takes all the pacifiers.  She then delivers them to the newborn babies in the hospitals.  In return, she leaves a special toy for the "big boy/girl" as a thank-you!  


I had been planning on creating our own Paci Fairy for a while, and when I saw this post on This Blessed Nest, about a special Tooth Fairy Door, I knew we had to install our own.  I bought my dollhouse door at Hobby Lobby, painted it black to match our front door, and added white number stickers for our address.  Then, Daddy installed it in Noah's room right next to his bed.  This will forever be our Fairy Door and all the fairies use it (not just the Paci Fairy).  We left the key to the door out in a cute little egg cup also found at Hobby Lobby.


Then, Noah received a special letter from the Head Paci Fairy herself, Pacibella!  She wanted him to write a wish list for 3 things he may want to have in return for his pacifiers.  She would then choose one of those prizes to bring him on her journey to our house.

So, last night was THE night!  Noah decided that he could go to sleep without his paci, and then in the middle of the night, Pacibella came!  As promised, she left Noah a Thomas the Train set and a magic heart.  We're going this week to Build-a-Bear to make a new Fuzzy Buddy.  Noah will get to put his magic heart inside the Fuzzy Buddy to help him fall asleep easily!  She also left lots of pink fairy dust behind!  Mommy doesn't like messes, but she decided that the pink and sparkly messes are the best kind! :)



So, do you have a toddler, who needs to get rid of the paci?  Well, I decided to offer  a DIY printable Paci Fairy Kit in my shop.  You get a personalized kit with the choice of 7 different fairies and 5 different patterns to invite your own Paci Fairy into your home!  


This DIY Printable Kit is $8.

6 comments:

  1. OMG, this is such a wonderful and beautiful idea. Looks like it turned out real well for Noah. :) Thank you for sharing!

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I would have loved to do this. My hubby had our little guy go cold turkey and if he wants to mouth anything it is a teether that he gets. I would have loved to let him have his binky a bit longer and done this with the fairy. :) Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...I have a girly that is very attached to her bink...we might have to give this idea a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Now I kinda wish my little Emma would have taken a paci...just so I could do this cuteness! HA! Just adorable. What a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh so cute! Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I will remember this when my 9 month old needs to get rid of hers. Got anything for thumb suckers? That's my 3 year old's attachment. :)

    ReplyDelete