homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

This is one of my favorite weeks of the school year!! I enjoy getting crazy with my firsties and I'm always searching for the newest "bestest" thing out there to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday!! So, in honor of his birthday on Tuesday, I am traveling around blogland to find some Dr. Seuss activities that you can use next week. I hope you find this helpful as you are planning your upcoming week.


From What the Teacher Wants:
Click the picture for link.

Classroom Jr.



There are so many games and activities that you can use this week! 


Green eggs and ham anyone?? Thanks to Mrs. Perry over at Primary Perspective, I was able to come across these darling delicious cookies for next week. I was looking for something else to do other than the typical "green eggs." I look forward to making these---so I'm going on over to My Paper Crane to get the recipe!! (Click the picture to go to the link).


Check out this totally cute unit over at Fun in First Grade (click the picture for the link).

Take a look at this really cute Dr. Seuss take home bag over at Erica Bohrer's First Grade

Fabulous in First has some great poems and crafts---head on over to check those out!!

Mrs. Larremore over at Chalk Talk has an adorable mini unit for FREE! Thanks Mrs. Larremore!

Having trouble teaching those kids to tell left from their right?? Heaven knows I do!! Thank you to Donna Glynn over at Kinderglynn for creating this impressive unit!! 


AND skip counting!! 

AND an entire unit!! She's gone ALL SEUSS! Thank you Mrs. Glynn!


Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade created the cutest antonym activity---it doesn't surprise me because EVERYTHING she does is so STINKIN' cute!! 


I'm sure there are TONS more activities out there, but this is all I have for now- it's on to watching Grey's Anatomy with the husband!! G'Night all your Seussical teachers! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for all the great links. I love this time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including me! I will be posting a new Dr. Seuss activity every day through next week. I just posted a fun Horton activity if you want to check it out.
    Jodi
    WWW.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come see our Read Across America tree!! :)

    http://mrsfailsfrogs.blogspot.com/2011/02/read-across-america-tree.html

    ReplyDelete